The Holiday Season is fast approaching, and if you are anything like me, you are getting nervous with the amount of people out on the streets, shopping & snatching up all the great gifts.
Or worse, you can’t seem to stick to your list or your budget.
Today’s Saturday Project, since it is the 5th of December, is to sit down and do your dreaded Holiday Shopping List.
Making your Holiday List
- Figure out what your budget is
- Write a list of everyone you would like to buy for
- Place $$ figures beside each person
- Add up the tally & match it up to your budget
- If you are over $$, axe some names from the list. If you’re under $$, rejoice.
- Check it twice & make a final list with the person’s name & their budgeted amount
- If you must, give a card or a phone call to the ones you crossed off.
Shopping your Holiday List
- Stick to your budgeted amount for each person.
- Consider edible gifts – the thought is still there, but the gift disappears without a trace.
- Consider gifts that will not require more cost/maintenance later (eg. iPhones).
- Consider service certificates (e.g. massage and facials).
- Consider taking people out for a coffee or dinner instead.
- Once you buy a gift for a person, cross it off & keep it crossed off.
- Resist the urge to add more. Maybe others are trying to cut down on their clutter too.
- Take one entire weekend out and get the entire job done, early.
- Don’t stress about finding the absolute perfect gift. It doesn’t exist.
- Keep snacks in your jacket to keep up your energy.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Go with friends and steal embrace their gift ideas whenever you can.
- Remember that the holidays are about friends & family, not things.
Enjoy the holidays!