Okay so it’s a bad pun on what I am really posting about: The Statistics of Clutter
- 25% of people with 2 car garages don’t park cars in there — they store their junk instead
- The storage facility industry is worth $154 billion dollars, more than the film biz!
- 1 in 11 American households rents a self-storage space, spending $1000/year in rent
- On average, it costs $10/square foot to store items in your home
- The average American receives 49,060 pieces of mail in their lifetime, 1/3 of it is junk mail
- 23% of us pay our bills late and incur fees because we’ve lost track of our statements
- 80% of the clutter in your home or office is a result of disorganization, not lack of space
- Getting rid of clutter would eliminate 40% of your housework in an average home
- We spend one whole year of our entire lives, just looking for lost items
- As a whole, Americans spend 9 million hours a day looking for lost items
- Average 4583 lbs. of books and magazines are discarded annually by each American
Read all of them here.