Full disclaimer: I probably have quadruple what I am listing, because I love variety too much to cut back to something like 30 pieces.
And this is after cutting back my wardrobe by 50%.
So just imagine what I had in there before that I didn’t use, want or need!
Still if I had to only bring 30 pieces, this is what I’d imagine would be the barest of bare minimum for me.
The List of 30 items of my Bare Minimum Wardrobe
- 2 pairs of Trouser Jeans or work pants
- 2 pairs of jeans
- 1 Casual Blazer
- 3 Work Sweaters
- 1 Ultimate Soft Cushy Sweater
- 2 Camisoles/Tank Tops
- 3 Work Tops
- 2 T-shirts
- 2 sets of Sweatpants or Leggings (one of these pairs are compression stockings from RejuvaHealth.com) — only to wear at home!
- 1 suit with a matching skirt and pant option
- 2 Skirts
- 2 Casual-ish Dresses
- 1 Formal Dress
- 1 Light Jacket
- 1 Winter Jacket
- 1 Leather Jacket
- 1 “Other” Option — Anything I choose
Still, if I was an ultimate, hardcore minimalist, it might look something like this:
THE 15-ITEM SUPER LIGHT & MINIMALIST WARDROBE
(This is a goal that I will never ever reach unless forced into, kicking and screaming the whole way)
- 2 pairs of pants
- 1 pair of jeans
- 1 sweater — can double as a light jacket
- 2 work tops
- 2 casual t-shirts (one needed for laundry day)
- 1 skirt
- 1 dress
- 1 formal dress
- 2 pairs of sweatpants or leggings (one needed for laundry day)
- 1 winter jacket
No suit, or leather jacket included. I don’t wear suits to work… so I’m safe there.