I am now talking about the mess of data on your computer.
When I first started using a computer, I had no idea folders existed.
So I kept EVERY FILE I had ever downloaded or kept into one single folder.
When I finally discovered them, I was relieved to not have to memorize the names of these files, and my organizing streak took over.
6 Ways to Clean up your Computer
- Clean up your desktop: delete icons, files and sort everything into desktop folders
- Delete data on your computer to free up hard drive space
- Run Startup Programs, and uncheck any unnecessary update or program
- Rename all of your “Untitled” files (that drives me bonkers)
- Run cleaning programs such as Crap Cleaner, Disk Cleanup and Defragmenter
- Uninstall programs you haven’t used in a long time, or at all