What’s in Amy’s Bag
Ok. I must say to start that my ‘wallet’ definitely isn’t the most minimal thing I own. In fact, I tend to lug a lot of stuff around with me. However, I find that if I leave things out of it, I end up needing them and wishing I had brought them with me!
I use my main bag as a ‘suitcase’, too. If I go away for a few days (to my sister’s in England, to Cornwall, To Dublin for a WEEK on a uni trip) this is all I bring with me (plus a few clothes).
Okay, so. These are the bags that I own:
A mulberry bag- bought off ebay- I wanted something classy, waterproof and hardwearing that would go with anything. Does the job perfectly This is my normal bag and my ‘suitcase’. That is actually what people call it.
Then I have my summery bag, which I use when I need to bring extra stuff to uni or wherever, or to go to the beach, or just as a backup. Very pretty. From Accessorize Where else?
And then I have the little black bag which I bring out in the night or if I cant be bothered lugging everything around with me!
- My old, knackered pink *checks* samsung that has the main button selotaped on. As soon as this takes its last breath I’m getting an iphone.
- Chewing gum
- Lip balm
- Diary (very useful for uni etc)
- Camera (i’m obviously using the actual camera, but this is the case I use, which is actually from my dad’s old camera. And yes I like ribbons)
- Body butter- used as hand cream. I would usually have a smaller one, but I’m using this up first. I think my face is allergic to it though..
- Water bottle of some sort
- Pass case + cute birdy coin purse (accessorize again) OR leather wallet from my dad (didnt really like, but it’s covered in paint now so more me!)
- Nail files
- Some sort of makeup just in case
- Clutch pencil. Comes with doing architecture. Never again will a normal pencil do the job Also I usually have a biro or two.
- 4GB memory stick/pen drive. I lost this the other day and nearly died inside. It has everything on it.
- 2GB old style ipod nano. I love ‘him’, but i’m getting a liiiiitle bit fed up of my music any suggestions?
- keys – front door, back door, bike lock, shed, padlock. plus a little light and some of those lanyard things which were prezzies.
- my diary/journal
- compact mirror
- asthma inhaler in case i die (which i usually only use if i’m around smokers..)
- sunglasses (replace with gloves if its winter)
- hand cleansing gel stuff
- a plaster. i do architecture. i use wood, saws and scalpels. ’nuff said.
Ok. So. What lives inside this wallet/passcase? Prepare to be overwhelmed.. :S And yes. Since taking this photo, I have got rid of a darn few of those cards.
A little about Amy:
Hi, I’m Amy I’m a twenty year old Welshy who’s had weird minimalistic tendancies all her life… sorting her stuff out since she was five, wanting to reduce, reduce, reduce.. I recently found the world of blogging and it’s helped me to realise I’m not alone as I thought! So finally, I’ve made my own! (lightninginastarrysky.
(I’m studying architecture which is GREAT as it goes alongside all my other creativities, but don’t you just find it annoying that these creative things require so much JUNK?!)
Thanks for reading!!
About The Minimalist Wallet Series
I brazenly asked and they’ve delivered! Bloggers all over are kindly opening up their wallets every Tuesday and showing us what they carry.
Want to be featured? Contact me.
(Hey and if you’re not a blogger but you are a minimalist, I’d love to feature you too!)
MINIMALIST WALLETS IN THE SERIES
|The Everyday Minimalist|