If you want to buy argan oil (which I love for my face), then make sure the ingredient list has 100% argan oil, rather than all these fillers with argan oil as the bottom ingredient.
Let’s compare Sally’s Beauty Supply versus Josie Maran’s Argan Oil.
In the Sally Beauty Supply version, it is a huge bottle for only $13.
The Josie Maran Argan oil is $18 CAD for a small bottle like that.
How can there be such a big difference in quantity & price?
Well, Sally’s bottle is mostly fillers. Dimethicone and silicones for your hair to look like argan oil, but it really isn’t.
Argan oil is near the bottom of the list, the 6th ingredient actually!
HOW TO SPOT THE REAL THING
- If the first 3 ingredients are not the actual, advertised product, don’t buy it
- If there is just a smidgen of the real stuff at the end, then don’t buy it
- Caveat Emptor – If it’s expensive, how can a huge bottle be so cheap at $13?
- Do your research and read reviews
- Learn what “dimethicone” or “cyclopentasiloxane” means
These quick tricks can help you figure out what to spend your money on and where to save your cash.