WHAT IS IN DAVID’S WALLET:
So my fascination with the things we carry goes back to at least the 7th grade when I discovered how cool cargo pockets were… You could stuff three candy bars, a Gatorade, a Limp Bizkit CD, and a Zack Morris mobile phone in your pockets. Fortunately for future me, that phase was short lived. I hate carrying things in my pockets now.
This photo was taken this morning on my way out the door (February 22 2011). I’d say it’s an accurate portrayal of the things you can find in my pockets on any given day. So when you see me walking down the street, go ahead and stop me and ask me to empty my pockets. This is what you’ll find, though the cash flow is subject to change.
- LG cellphone with T-Mobile. Nothing terribly fancy here. Slow internet, unlimited data and minutes, great battery life.
- Chapstick, any brand. I’m easy.
- Wallet -It’s actually the insert to a wallet, but since I only need a few dividers this one works for me.
- Capital One Credit Card -$5K limit, I’m rich! (I pay it off monthly)
- Bank of America Credit Card -$650 limit, I’m super rich! (I pay it off monthly)
- Bank of America Debit Card – I’m debating canceling with big bad evil BoA and maybe going with Charles Schwab. Any thoughts? Oh yeah, and that is an Anne
- Geddes pink little kid in a flower pot theme…
- San Diego Public Library Card, pretty beat up and rugged, not sure why it can’t handle much abuse.
- California Drivers License because I’m a big boy and I share the road!
- 2 Keys. This one I am very proud of. I only have 2 keys. One for my 1985 Toyota 4Runner and the other for my studio. I re-wired my 1969 Honda CB350 motorcycle so it no longer needs a key and my 1947 CZ motorcycle doesn’t require a key (photos to come!).
- Cash -I found this $20 last night in a Christmas card from my Grandpa. Glad I didn’t junk that one!
The less junk and excess headache I carry around with me, the better. And if you still haven’t yet checked out the Minimalist Wallet Series, please do. I don’t receive anything from it, but if you’ve enjoyed this post, you’ll love that series.
A LITTLE ABOUT DAVID:
I am on a quest to become a modern renaissance man. I write for Almost Bohemian.
This is my journal and my map for my escape of the office life and the drudge that is corporate America. I’ve intentions for long term travel. My current set up is a loft space I’ve built in a warehouse of Barrio Logan, San Diego CA. I’m a minimalist, an artist, a traveler, and a builder. And almost bohemian.
Born and raised in the Midwest, I am originally from Chicago, Illinois. I moved to the west coast two years ago for graduate school and now that I’m done, I feel the need to get moving again. I’ve got feet made for wandering. This is my attempt at life examined.
About The Minimalist Wallet Series
I brazenly asked and they’ve delivered!
Bloggers all over are kindly opening up their wallets every Tuesday and showing us what they carry.
Want to be featured? Contact me.
(Hey and if you’re not a blogger but you are a minimalist, I’d love to feature you too!)
MINIMALIST WALLETS IN THE SERIES
|The Everyday Minimalist|
The 7th Rock