What is in Christiaan’s Wallet
A quick listing of the contents of my wallet (Bigskinny, a discontinued model with a small zipper pocket in there for coins)
- Paper card with credits for copiers at the library
- “Strippenkaart” Bus fare card
- 2-piece ID card from University in it’s own fold, stains are mostly ink from train tickets
- Right column:
- Drivers license, yes these are pink here
- Debit card
- University Sports Centre membershipcard (Please blur the number on it)
- RFID public transport card
And that black thing is my wallet. It lives in my left front pocket. I don’t carry any cash most of the time and my credit card stays at home. I only take that out if I’m going abroad. Having a credit card is actually not all that common here in the Netherlands. We use debit cards for everything.
On to the big picture of my bag and it’s contents.
Starting in the left upper corner:
- My Laptop, a Thinkpad X61s booting Linux Mint 10, with a huge 8-cell battery.
- Behind it my A4 sized writing pad for college note taking
- A yellow cloth bag
- Black hard plastic sunglasses case
- Rabobank Random Reader (internet banking)
- A hairbrush
- A fountain pen, with a few spare cartridges
- Mechanical pencil and eraser
- Disposable lighter (Don’t smoke, but always want a source of fire with me)
- Small but superbright flashlight
- Pocket knife with small lanyard
- Keys, with a tritium vial
- Ti Spork
- 4GB USB stick
- Yellow marker pen
- The wallet
- Lip balm
- Sunglasses (normally in the case obviously)
- HTC Desire
- Reflective vest
- Laptop power supply
- 30 feet of paracord
- Bicycle pump
Almost everything goes in my backpack. Keys, phone, wallet, lip balm and flashlight live in my pockets though. I have a lot of room to spare in my backpack, which is great because I can take along books and my aikido gear and still have room left. And of course, I forgot to check every pocket of the bag and so my earplugs are not in the picture.
Now I’m sure this all warrants an explanation, it hardly seems minimalist.
There are things in there I really do not need to take with me each day. But every single item in there has proven it’s use to me on several occasions.
I’ll leave it to you (the readers) to ask me about it in the comments.
My name is Christiaan and I live somewhere in The Netherlands, a small country that hardly shows up on a standard sized globe. I blog for Mind the Beginner.
I haven’t lived here all my life though, my earliest memories were formed when I lived in Japan (Kobe) in the eighties. The Asian influences have stayed with me and I’m thankful for them. At the moment I’m a trained exercise therapist (I don’t practice however) and I’m working on getting a masters in Information science.
Am I defined only by what I’ve learned in the education system? Of course not. There is more to me than just that but I’ll use phrases for that:
- Zen enthusiast
- Quality seeker
- Internal Martial Arts lover (Cheng Hsin)
- Freedom business entrepreneur
About The Minimalist Wallet Series
I brazenly asked and they’ve delivered!
Bloggers all over are kindly opening up their wallets every Tuesday and showing us what they carry.
Want to be featured? Contact me.
(Hey and if you’re not a blogger but you are a minimalist, I’d love to feature you too!)
MINIMALIST WALLETS IN THE SERIES
|The Everyday Minimalist||Live [Simply] Free||Jarkko Laine|
|Jurino||On Minimalism||Be More with Less