What is in Jurino’s Wallet
· First and foremost: three pictures of my family.
· Next comes my driver’s license, or ‘pink paper’ as we call it in Holland. I mostly use it as an ID, since passports are way too bulky to carry around every day.
· Then, the usual deck of cards. From top to bottom, you see my Visa-card, (used to pay for car-rentals, Ebooks and everything else that comes out of America – paid off monthly, of course)
· my debit card (to pay for things just about everywhere else),
· my health insurance card (absolutely mandatory here in Holland)
· and the membership card of our local library.
· On the right you’ll see exactly €27,55. I would have shown you more, but my wife just returned from the market and this is all she came back with.
As for the wallet itself, it’s a simple leather wallet that has 6 card slots, a compartment for banknotes and change, and a plastic-coated flap for pictures or licenses.
Born in the Caribbean, living in the Netherlands. A devout Christian, loving husband and caring father of two cookie-coloured darlings.
I’m the author of Jurino.com (how cool is it that in 2010 I was still able to get my first name as a .com!) – and on there I write about living a life free of clutter and distractions.
Yes… I am, of course, talking about the minimalist lifestyle!
At age 18, I migrated from a beautiful island in the Caribbean to cold and icy Holland with only a suitcase and the clothes on my back.
A minimalist by choice!
I intended to move ‘back home’ after finishing college, but in college, I met my wife… got married, started a family and ‘stuck around’.
Our family of four is now happily living in a small home without owning a car or a television.
Partly because we’re Christian, partly because we care about the environment and for the most part because we love having time for more important things.
People often frown when they hear about how we live, but after reading / hearing about the details, they seem to admire the lack of stress we put on ourselves.
A big thank-you to Serena, the ‘everyday minimalist’ for being willing to feature my photo and to everyone else: Greetings from the Netherlands!
About The Minimalist Wallet Series
I brazenly asked and they’ve delivered!
Bloggers all over are kindly opening up their wallets every Tuesday and showing us what they carry.
Want to be featured? Contact me.
(Hey and if you’re not a blogger but you are a minimalist, I’d love to feature you too!)
MINIMALIST WALLETS IN THE SERIES
|The Everyday Minimalist|