Remember that sleeping sack I told you about?
It was pictured in my recent traveling to Europe photos here.
Well, I am here to offer you a free King-sized sack, or a Single-sized sack for free!
Courtesy of Allersac, of course! (The cotton sleeping sack I use, is from Allersac).
WHY YOU SHOULD THINK ABOUT HAVING ONE
- Scabies*. Two family members of mine, in decent hotels, caught SCABIES*
- If you have sensitive skin to bleaches, fragrances, and such (which I do)
- If you are squeamish about hotel beds in general (which I am)
- If you are paranoid and just want your own layer in between you & hotel beds (check!)
- Did I mention the scabies?*
*Scabies as described to me, were these little itch mites that buried into your skin & make you itch like crazy when you aren’t moving (like when you are sleeping), and you need this special medicated lotion of sorts with sulfur (which is toxic to the mites but not to humans) to kill the buggers.
Then, you have to hot wash all your bedding, clothes everyday, and not sleep in the bed of anyone else, or anywhere the mites can run out & hide.
You can see them with your naked eye, but they are super tiny.
They can be transferred to your skin just simply by sleeping on sheets, previously slept in by an infected person.
It does NOT matter where & how you sleep, what matters is that either the hotel didn’t clean the sheets properly before you got in, and and/or an infected person slept in those sheets before you did.
My very clean brother caught it in a very nice 5-star hotel in Europe, and my super germ-paranoid mother, caught them in a 3-star hotel in New York City.
Strangely enough, my father did NOT catch scabies, staying in the same hotel as my mom — perhaps they knew he would be a difficult host.
HOW TO ENTER & WIN ONE:
Winner #1 gets the King-sized sack
Winner #2 gets the Single-sized sack
- Comment on this post & tell me where your last vacation was, or about your upcoming trip(s)
- Subscribe to The Everyday Minimalist RSS Feed & leave me a separate comment noting so
- Follow me on Twitter @brokeinthecity and tweet ONCE about the give away (2 entries) with a link to this post
DEADLINE & RULES:
Contest ends Saturday June 19th 2010 at midnight EST.
Open to anywhere in the world, because Allersac now ships internationally.