1. Just say No. — You cannot be Superwoman or Superman. It’s just impossible.
2. Create a meal plan for the week. — I cook once & eat the same thing for lunch all week.
Note: Dinners are different meals & my breakfast is fruit & tea. See my Minimalist Fridge here.
3. Consolidate your finances. — 1 bank, 1 bank card and 2 credit cards is all you need.
Note: 1 Visa, one Mastercard; 1 for business, 1 personal. But plenty of people make it just fine on just one. Less is more!
4. Organize yourself the night before – clothes, lunch set up to grab, keys by the door.
5. Reduce the commitments in each area of your life: — Family, Work, Self, & Friends.
6. Tell the truth – “I don’t have money for that right now.” — “I am not interested.”
7. Don’t let clutter get out of hand – Be proactive about clutter not reactive.
8. Use a notebook & a pen — Jot down “To Do’s”, “Ideas” and “Appointments”.
9. Unsubscribe — From emails, offers, RSS feeds (blogs), chain letters.
10. Subscribe — To e-statements, Just One Reward card & get rid of your paper statements.
11. Stop trying to be perfect.
12. Delegate -- Ask for help.
13. Apply the one-in, one-out rule — One item into your home, means one item OUT.
14. Want what you already have, not what you don’t have.
15. Find multi-purpose taskers – Baking soda + Vinegar = Cleans almost everything.
Update: I am overzealous. I meant to change it to 15 in the title, but I had originally set a goal of writing only 10. Thanks for catching it